Due to recent events, we encourage our customers to stay at home.
To encourage this please use coupon code: Stay Home for 20% off your order at checkout
Health Benefits of Olive Oil
Olive oil doesn't just taste great, it has many proven health benefits as well. *Extra Virgin olive oil* because it has a high content of anti-oxidants it can reduce the risk of coronary heart disease, lowers the incidence of gallstone formation, has a beneficial effect on ulcers and gastritis, lowers risk of colon cancer, and even contains a painkilling compound similar to ibuprofen. Learn moreabout the many health benefits of olive oil in these articles and medical reports by clicking on the links to the left.
These articles are referenced in 2 lectures given by Dr. Peter Panagotacos during a Sensory Evaluation of Olive Oil course given at UC Davis in the Robert Mondavi Institute for Wine and Food Science.
Download The Presentation: Health Benefits of Olive Oil:
PDF Version | Power Point Presentation
Read More about the health benefits of olive oil:
- The greatest exponent of monounsaturated fat is olive oil, and it's is a prime component of the Mediterranean Diet. Read More >
- A compound found in olive oil has an anti-inflammatory action similar to the
popular painkiller ibuprofen Read More >
- Cardiovascular Health
- Virgin olive oil, a much richer source of polyphenols than refined olive or other refined oils,
is the best vegetable oil for heart health Read More >
- Cancer inhibition
- Spanish researchers suggest that including olive oil in your diet may also offer benefits in terms
of colon cancer prevention Read More >
- Relying only on olive oil may cut your risk of coronary heart disease almost in half Read More >
- Studies in diabetic patients have shown that healthy meals that contained some olive oil had
better effects on blood sugar Read More >
- Researchers have found a link between the fatty acids in olive oil and hunger reduction Read More >
- Skin benefits
- Virgin olive oil applied to the skin after sunbathing could protect against skin cancer,
New Scientist magazine Read More >