SPRING SALE 50% Off Full Cases 250 ML Bottles Use Coupon Code "Spring"
Vegatarian Style Louisiana Red Beans & Rice
- 1 bag dry red beans, about 2 cups, remove any pebbles, rinse, soak in pot over night with 8 cups water
- Add 2 bay leaves, 6 cups of water and bring to a boil, the simmer on low heat for 2 hrs
- Dice the "holy trinity" of creole cooking, the "1,2,3" 1 small white onion, 2 bell peppers (try 1 green, 1 red ), 3 stalks of celery. Sauté in Lykovouno olive oil until just soft. You can sauté 2-4 minced garlic cloves in the oil before you add the vegetables
- Add the vegetable mixture to the beans
- Add 1/4 teaspoon of each of the following: cayenne pepper, salt, black pepper, tabasco sauce
- Bring to a slow boil, then turn off heat.
Serve over white rice with bread and butter
Special Thanks to Jesse Kramer MD, Sacramento, for recipe and photos